Friday, July 19, 2013

Ninja Polish Nebula

   Happy Friday all.  I hope you all have had a good week.  Aside from a migraine early in the week mine's been pretty good, just busy.  Today I have a gorgeous polish from Ninja Polish to show you.  For those of you not familiar with Ninja Polish they carry not only their own brand of polish, but also some other indie polish brands and brands from other countries that are harder to get in the US.


   Nebula is a multi-chrome holographic glitter polish.  The base is clear and jam packed with tiny glitters that shift from green to teal to purple and some holographic glitters.  It's sheer enough that you can use it as a glitter top coat over another polish but can also be built up and worn on its own.  If you want to wear it alone I would suggest thicker coats to keep down the number of layers.  You will still have a few sparse spots, but this polish is so sparkly and blingy that you won't notice them for the most part.  
   I found the formula to be good and application was easy, especially for a glitter polish.  For the photos below I used 3 coats of Nebula over a base of Orly Bonder and Duri Rejuvacote.  For my topcoat I did one layer of Gelous to help smooth out everything and a final layer of NYC Grand Central Station for a quick dry time.

Indirect Sun

Indoor Blurred


    I did a blurred shot to show you the holographic glitters.  Please click on the photos above for an enlarged view to see the color shift better.  I wore this as my Fourth of July mani to give a fireworks effect to my nails.  I loved the color shift and rainbows that showed up in all different types of lighting.  The biggest issue I had was how distracting it was, especially when I was driving.  The colors are extremely hard to capture in photos and trust me this is much more beautiful in person.  If you like multi-chromos or holographic glitters, I highly recommend Nebula.  The price was $9 plus a few dollars for shipping, which I found very reasonable for an indie polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn