Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nordstrom Galaxy

   I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately guys.  My job has been kicking my butt since I got promoted in March.  But I'm going to try to get back on a decent posting schedule.  Back last Fall I was in Nordstrom one day and came across a new line of polish from the store.  So of course I had to pick one up.  






   Galaxy is a medium dark grey crelly, like storm clouds, with silver glitter.  Application was good, but the formula was a little thick.  The thickness might be from the glitter, but a couple drops of thinner should help.  
   Glitter distribution is even across the nail.  However it leaves a bumpy texture on your nail and hides the sparkle.  Adding top coat brings out the sparkle from the glitter.  I used a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite to give an extra smooth surface.  For the below photos I used 2 coats of Galaxy over a base of Barielle Nail Rebuilding Protein.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   I'm not sure you can tell but I smudged my thumb a bit before taking these photos.  I was trying to see if the square cap was a removable outer cap.  As far as I can tell it is not.  Retail price for the Nordstrom line is $8.50.  If you don't live near a Nordstrom, they usually offer free shipping through the website with no minimum purchase.  I like Galaxy and will probably purchase more polishes from the line as they catch my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn