Monday, May 6, 2013

China Glaze Snap My Dragon and Bling It On

   Happy Monday everyone.  This is a special Monday because it's also my birthday.  The boy is working all day today, so we celebrated on Sat with lunch at Cheesecake Factory and seeing Iron Man 3.  GO SEE IRON MAN 3! Not that I've given my public service announcement let's get on with the swatches.
   I'm going to be combing my China Glaze Avant Garden and Glitz- Bitz 'N Pieces reviews.  Why?  Because I swatched the glitters over the Avant Garden colors so it makes sense in my head to share them at the same time.  I believe Glitz came out first, but both collections are from early Spring 2013.  I received my samples at the same time so I know they came out close together.


   Snap My Dragon is a rasperry shimmer from the Avant Garden collection.  The shimmer is a slightly lighter shade of pink than the base color.  The formula and application are both great.  This is almost a 1 coat polish, but I used 2 in these photos to cover some minimal VNL.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash





   Bling It On is an indigo and black glitter mix from the Glitz collection.  There are multiple sizes of hex glitters and some short bar glitters.  Normally I'm not a fan of bar glitter, but the ones in this polish aren't too bad.  The formula is ok- a little on the thin side though.  With application I got better results from dabbing the polish onto my nail and kind of pushing the glitter around where I wanted it.  I found if I used a standard brushing application the glitter wanted to pull towards the tip of my nails or off my nails altogether.  This is one dabbed coat over Snap My Dragon.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


  

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn