Friday, March 29, 2013

OPI Get Your Number

     OPI recently released a new line of textured polishes called Liquid Sands.  The first 4 were released with the Mariah Carey collaboration earlier this year.  



   Get Your Number is a medium blue jelly base with small blue and holo glitters.  The Liquid Sand polishes are designed to dry with a gritty sand-like texture.  Like sand, Get Your Number has a matte finish, but with tiny sparkles that show up even without top coat.  You will need to give the polish some extra dry time for the matte effect to fully develop.  I didn't wait as long as I should have before taking these pictures, so the polish is not as matte as it could have been.  I used 2 coats over Finger Paints base coat.  Liquid Sand polishes are meant to be worn without top coat.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   You can see that the texture and sparkle are both very obvious without top coat.  But, if you want extra sparkle or simply don't like the textured look, you can add top coat.  Because of the texture you will need LOTS of top coat for a completely smooth finish.  I used 2 coats of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite for the following pictures and even then I slowly started noticing my nails getting gritty again over the next few days.  Not to the full texture if I didn't have any top coat on, but it was still noticeable.  

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   My camera didn't want to capture the full sparkle of Get Your Number with top coat.  I think you still get the idea though.  The jellyness of the base color is really brought out by top coat as well.  
   Get Your Number is lovely on its own, but stunning once you add top coat.  The whole reason I purchased Get Your Number was because of pictures I had seen of it with top coat.  I wore this as a full mani for several days and had very minimal tip wear or chipping.  I've heard that wear is the same even without top coat.  I will definitely try that out one day for myself.  
    What do all of you think of the new textured polish trend?  Which ones have you tried so far?  Which are you planning to?  Or does the idea of gritty nails make you want to pass?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn