Wednesday, March 6, 2013

China Glaze Altered Reality

   The third and final China Glaze Tranzitions shade I have to show you is Altered Reality.



   Altered Reality is a teal metallic shade without top coat.  I get a bit of a frosty feel on the nail.  I had several issues with this polish.  The formula was a little runny and needs thinner coats for best application.  But, if you use too thin of coats because then you get lumps and streaking.  I used 2 coats of Altered Reality over Finger Paints base coat.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   Adding top coat causes much less streaking with Altered Reality, however there is very little color changing.  If you use a thicker coat of top coat you get a bit more color difference which you should be able to see on my thumb.  I used China Glaze Fast Forward top coat and did the same patterns as the other 2 polishes in this collection.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   Altered Reality was a big disappointment.  I loved the color in the bottle, but once I had it on, the slight frostiness turned me off.  The minimal color change was sad as well, this one could have had lots of potential.  I only wore this for maybe 30 minutes, and on removal I already started noticing signs of staining.  I would definitely pass on this one.

Disclaimer:  The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn