Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whole Foods Makeup and Body Care

   Have any of you ever used mineral makeup?  Whether foundation, blush, or eyeshadow.  I've used all three and really love mineral foundations.  For me they feel like I'm not wearing a foundation, but still even out my complexion and can be built up as a concealer for blemishes.  I've been using Bare Minerals for the last several years, but I recently found a new foundation that I think I'm going to switch to on my next purchase.  I wasn't trying to find a new foundation, but when you find the perfect color....
   How'd I find the perfect color?  I went to Whole Body over the weekend to check out their makeup selection and get a makeover.  One of the main brands they carry is Mineral Fusions and is primarily what was used in my makeover.  The line is organic, mostly vegan, and paraben free.  Most of them even smell great.  Especially the mascara which smells like cake batter.  That's right CAKE BATTER.  I took a before and after picture to show you guys.  Please don't judge my before photo too harshly, I was exhausted from work and being up late and getting up early to cook for the Super Bowl.  And I'm not very photogenic.

Before

After


   See the difference?  I love how natural my makeup looks and the light touch of bronzer so I don't look quite so pale.  One of the first things the makeup artists did was a color match on me for the foundation.  I would have guessed my skin tone was neutral to cool, but it was actually the lightest warm shade that was my match.  The neutral was very close, but I could still just see the difference between it and my skintone while I couldn't see the warm at all.  And that's what you want in a foundation.  I usually go a little heavier/brighter on the eyeshadow, but I do like this look too.
   The other interesting thing they have at Whole Body is a facial scanner that can analyze your skin and tell you your problem spots and how you compare to other people your age.  My biggest issues are uv spots and large pores.  Not too bad since I don't do much to take care of my face.  Bad me I know.

   I also have a short press release for you about Whole Foods' standards in body care:

Whole Foods Market® named ‘the leading national retailer’ in personal care products
Campaign for Safe Cosmetics praises company’s Premium Body Care™ and organic labeling guidelines

AUSTIN, Texas (Dec. 11, 2012) – Whole Foods Market has been named the highest ranked retailer for personal care product safety in the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics’ Retailer Report.

In the report released today, the company is commended for implementing “a rigorous and transparent approach to screening the personal care products it sells.”

“We are proud and thrilled to be mentioned in the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics' Retailer Report in such high esteem,” said Jeremiah McElwee, executive Whole Body coordinator. “This validates both our team’s hard work and that of the wonderful supplier partners we work with to deliver the absolute highest quality natural and organic body care products to our customers.”

The Retailer Report goes on to say that “no other national retailer comes close to rivaling Whole Foods Market’s leadership in the realm of safer personal care products.”
Whole Foods Market announced its Premium Body Care standards in March 2008, which was the first private standard for personal care products created by a major retailer in the United States. The company now offers more than 3,800 personal care products that meet these rigorous standards.

In September 2012, the company announced that all organic personal care products in its U.S. stores are third-party certified, making Whole Foods Market the first national retailer to mandate certification for all organic personal care products on its shelves.

“Believe it or not, there are no federal laws that regulate how the word ‘organic’ can be used on personal care products,” McElwee said. “Our shoppers don’t expect the meaning of organic to change between store aisles and neither do we.”

For more information on Whole Foods Market’s body care standards, visit:
http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/press/organic-labeling-guidelines


   One last bit of info for all of you and I promise I'll wrap up this long post.  All Whole Foods in Northern California and Reno for sure, but possibly other places as well, is having a 30% off natural makeup sale from Feb 13th - 17th.   How awesome is that?  Plus, I drove past Whole Body today and there was a giant sale about a pre-sale from the 1st - 12th.  That means you can go in, pick out what you'd like, and they'll hold it for you until the sale.  I'm not sure if all of the stores are doing this, but it's worth a call to find out.  I already have a couple things on hold myself- the lipstick I'm wearing in the photos, which is sadly being discontinued, and a smokey eye kit with a mascara, eye pencil, and shadow trio.  The kit is only $25 right now so a definite steal with the 30% off.
   If you've never tried Mineral Fusions, or any other mineral makeup, I highly recommend it.  And if you're in the South Bay Area and can get to Whole Body, stop in and make an appointment with Desirae or Trang for either a makeover or mani/pedi.  They're both great.



Disclaimer: The services mentioned in this post were provided to me by the company, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn