Thursday, February 21, 2013

Candie's Over the Rainbow

   Today is going to be a quick post.  My hours at work have gone up quite a bit and I'm still adjusting, which means I'm exhausted most of the time.  Not a bad thing I know, but even after about 10 hours of sleep, I've been wanting to go back to bed all day.



   Over the Rainbow is the second polish I picked up from the new Candie's line.  This is a multi-color, size, and shape glitter top coat.  What I could make out were small regular glitter mostly in green, tiny silver and blue hex glitters, small yellow, orange, and pink glitters, and large silver hex glitter.  There could be other colors as well, those are just the ones I could easily pick out.  What sets this one apart from a lot of other multi-color glitters, such as Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday or OPI Rainbow Connection, is the predominance of small green glitter in the base.   The other polishes have a more equal color mix.
   The formula was nice, not gloopy like a lot of glitters.  I didn't have any issues with application and there was a good glitter payoff.  I used 1 coat of Over the Rainbow over Aqua Denim.  These photos are without top coat.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   I liked this combination a lot.  But I think the brightness of the base buried some of the glitter, especially the tiny green glitters.  Which is sad because those are what drew me to the polish in the first place.  Next time I'll try it over a lighter base color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn