Monday, February 18, 2013

Candie's Aqua Denim

  It's Monday again.  While I'd normally be cranky about this, today I'm really excited.  Why?  Because I get to go see Pink in concert tonight!  I'm counting down the hours.
   Today I have one of the new Candie's polishes to show you.  I picked up two of them at Kohl's after they were released back in October.



   Aqua Denim is a bright medium blue crelly with just a hint of grey.  The formula and application were both nice.  Pigmentation was good, I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat for these swatches.  I did experience a bit of Smurf fingers, blue staining around my cuticles, while doing cleanup, so beware of that.  I did not keep this polish on long enough to tell if it would stain, but I could see the potential for it. 

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   I like the color of Aqua Denim quite a bit.  My only issue with the polish is the price.  The Candie's polishes retail for $8 a piece at Kohl's.  For me, that's a little high, especially for a new brand.  I would recommend waiting for a sale to pick up some of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn