Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Zoya Diva Collection Part 1

   Hello my lovelies!  I am feeling much better, and bored out of my mind sitting at home all day aside from a couple doctors appointments.  I know these swatches are a little late, but I wanted to make sure I got them up for you all before the Zoya sale ends.  I'll put up a quick info post on that soon too if you haven't heard about it yet.  
   The Diva collection for Fall 2012 contains 6 polishes that are a mixture of shimmers and micro glitters.  All swatches are over Finger Paints base coat and have no top coat.


Elisa

   Elisa is a vibrant Christmas-y red shimmer.  I used 2 coats for these photos, but I'm not sure the 2nd was necessary.  It darkened the polish a bit, but didn't really add much opacity wise.  My brush feels a little off- almost mop-like- but even with that application was very smooth and the formula was great.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



Suri

   Suri is a blue-based royal purple shimmer.  Royal is a good description because when I look at this polish I think monarchs and throne rooms and all that stuff.  The formula feels a little runny and  tends to catch on the brush bristles so make sure you wipe your brush down well.  This is 2 coats.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



Song

   Song is a very vibrant sapphire blue shimmer.  The formula was a little runny again and if you go over an area you've already polished it can drag some.  Just wait a little longer between coats and you shouldn't have too much issue with that.  Dry time was longer than normal as well.  You might want to double up on the base coat as this one does have staining potential.  I used 2 coats for these swatches.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   All three of these polishes are very lovely, but Song is my favorite of them.  What about all of you?  Which is your favorite?  Anyone try any of these yet?

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn